Town Clerk’s Office

Regular Hours:

Monday: 8:30 am – 7pm
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8:30am – 3:30pm
Friday: 8:30am – 2:30pm

Contact Us:

Phone Number: 603-679-8288 ext. 3
Fax: 603-679-3002

Holiday Closings:

  • January 1, 2019
  • January 21, 2019
  • February 18, 2019
  • May 27, 2019
  • July 4 & 5, 2019
  • September 2, 2019
  • October 14, 2019
  • November 11, 2019
  • November 28 & 29, 2019
  • December 25, 2019
  • January 1, 2020

Payment Types Accepted

The Town Tax Collector’s Office now accepts credit cards as well as cash or checks. An additional fee of 2.79% is charged for any credit or debit card transaction.

Motor Vehicle Registrations

Please have your drivers license available as it will be required for any motor vehicle transaction.


Please bring a copy of your old registration or the mail-in notice that you receive from the Town. If you are new to Epping, you must have a copy of your most recent registration, as well as proof of residency.
Transfers – To get credit for time remaining on your old registration you must have your original registration or a certified copy which can be obtained for a fee of $18.00

Paperwork needed to register a new vehicle

2000-present model years must be Titled. If purchased from a NH dealer you must have the blue paper which is the Application for Certificate of Title. If you do not have this, you must have the certificate of origin or the Tile signed over to you. All new owners will need to sign the application for the new title.

1999 & Prior years – you will need a bill of sale and one of the following:

  1. A copy of a New Hampshire registration from a former owner or a copy of NH title.
  2. A copy of an out of state title
  3. Blue Verification of VIN form, which needs to be filled out by a NH Law Enforcement Officer, NH Inspection Station, or a NH Dealer.
  • If you are moving from another State you will need the following
  • Current driver’s license
  • Proof of Residency
  • Title for your vehicle

If you have a lien holder you will need to bring in your current registration and the name and address of your lien holder.

Boat Registration and Renewals:

Boat Registration and Renewals can be completed at this office. Please click here to ensure you are bringing the proper paper work with you so we can complete your application. 

Dog Licenses

By NH Law all dogs over 3 months of age must be licensed by May 1st of each year. To obtain a dog license you must have a copy of a rabies certificate showing that the rabies is not expired.

  • $9.00 for male or female dogs not altered
  • $6.50 for a dog which has been neutered, spayed, or a puppy under 7 months
  • $2.00 – if the owner is 65 years or older they are entitled to one dog license per year at $2.00
  • $20.00 for a Group License of 5 or more dogs

Failure to renew your dog’s license by June 1 will result in a late fee of $1.00 per month

As long as we have up to date rabies information for your dog, you may renew your dog’s license online. You will need the number of the dog tag issued last year. Just click on the following link.


The elections scheduled for 2019. Voting hours are 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM, and the voting takes place at the Middle School gymnasium.

Special Election for State Representative

General – Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Absentee Ballot
Absentee Ballot Request Form for Town Meeting & Special Elections – here
Absentee Ballot Request Form for 2020 State & Federal Elections – here
Serving in the Military or Living Outside the USA – here

TOWN ELECTIONS – March 10, 2020



Register to Vote

  • You may register to vote at the Town Clerk’s Office up until 10 days before any election. In addition, you may also register to vote at the polls on Election day.
  • You must be 18 years of age, a US Citizen, and a resident of Epping
  • You must provide ID – a driver’s license, non-drivers ID, passport or birth certificate
  • You must provide documentation of your domicile. This can be on your driver’s license, car registration, a utility bill, or lease agreement
  • To prove citizenship you can provide a birth certificate, passport or naturalization papers. If these are not available you will be asked to complete an affidavit.

Marriage Licenses

Beginning January 1, 2010, same gender couples may apply for a marriage license.

If you are having your ceremony in the State of New Hampshire, you may apply for your license at any Town Clerk’s Office in New Hampshire.

Both parties must appear in person to apply for the license and each person must bring either a driver’s license or birth certificate. If either party has been married or joined by civil union before, he/she must also bring a certified copy of a final divorce, dissolution or annulment decree, or a certified copy of a death certificate for a widow or widower. New Hampshire does not require a blood test.

Age requirement: A male or female that has reached the age of 18 can marry without parental permission. A female between the ages of 13 and 17 and a male between the ages of 14 and 17 can be married only with the permission of their parent or guardian and a Waiver from the court.

Age Waiver:  When either party is not yet 18 years, he / she may request permission to marry from a justice of the superior court or a judge of probate of the county in which one of the applicants resides. The request must be in writing and must have the approval of the parent or guardian.

Fees – The fee for a marriage license is $50.00.

Birth, Death, Marriage, and Civil Union Certificates

Copies of Vital Records that have been filed in the State of New Hampshire may be obtained at the Epping Town Clerk’s Office if the event occurred in the following years.

  • Births 1935 – Present (except 1949 + 1950)
  • Deaths 1965 – Present
  • Marriages 1960 – Present
  • Civil Unions 2008 – Present
  • Civil Union Divorce 1979 – Present

For records filed before these years, you may only obtain a copy of the record at the Epping Office if the Birth or Death occurred in Epping, or if the Marriage License was applied for in Epping.

Fee: The fee for a copy of a Vital Record is $15.00 and is payable to the Town of Epping.

Information Required

To obtain a copy you must show ID (or send a photocopy of the ID) and must have “a direct and tangible interest”. This would include the registrant, a member of his immediate family, his guardian, or their legal representatives.

Requesting a certificate by mail

For Birth Record

  • Name at Birth, Date of Birth, Town/City of Birth
  • Father’s Name (First, Last)
  • Mother’s Maiden Name (First, Last)
  • Purpose for which certificate is requested
  • By Whom
  • Relationship to Registrant

For Death Record

  • Name of Deceased, Date of Death, Town/City of Death
  • Purpose for which certificate is requested
  • By Whom
  • Relationship to Registrant

For Marriage/Civil Union Record

  • Name of both parties at the time license was applied for
  • Date of Marriage/Civil Union
  • Place of Ceremony
  • Purpose for which certificate is requested
  • By Whom
  • Relationship to Registrant

Requesting a Vital Certificate on-line

When requesting copies of vital records, you can complete an on-line Vital Records Request application found under Town Links, E-registration. You will need to provide a scanned or downloaded copy to any government issued photo ID.