PLANET AID ACCEPTS:
REFUSE & RECYCLING
Epping does not have curb side pick-up, all trash must be brought to the transfer station … using the $5.00 sticker on EACH vehicle. See directions below:
The refuse and recycling facilities in Epping are open to residents only. To use these facilities, a resident must first purchase a Solid Waste Permit for $5.00/yr. for each vehicle at the Clerk’s Office and attach this permit to a side or rear window of their vehicle. Vehicles that do not have a Solid Waste Permit that matches the registrations and inspection sticker will not be allowed to enter any of Epping’s dumping facilities.
Any resident who wishes to use a vehicle that does not have a Solid Waste Permit to haul items to a dumping facility must get a special permit at the Town Clerk’s Office.
The removal of items from Epping’s dumping facilities (scavenging) is not permitted, except for items left at the Recycling Center’s swap shop area.
135 Coffin Road
Open Wed 12:00 pm-7pm, Sat & Sun 9am-4pm
- Used engine, transmission or hydraulic oils can be left at no charge. If you wish to keep your container see the attendant, otherwise leave it in a clearly marked and sealed container by the oil recovery tank.
- Lead acid auto batteries can be left by the motor oil recovery tank at no charge.
- Anti-freeze is not accepted.
- Aluminum Cans – soda and beer cans.
- Cardboard – corrugated cardboard, boxes and cartons. Flattened if possible. No wet or waxed cardboard (i.e. orange juice or milk cartons).
- Glass – clear, green, and brown bottles and jars. Rinse and remove the lids. Labels can be left on. No plate glass, light bulbs or ceramics.
- Paper – newspapers, phone books, magazines, paperboard (cereal, pasta and shoe boxes). Leave in brown paper bags, not in plastic bags or tied in string.
- Plastic – soda, milk, water and juice bottles/jugs and colored plastics #2 (includes laundry detergent, bleach, some shampoo and motor oil containers).
- Steel Cans – pet food, vegetable and fruit juice containers. Rinse out. Labels can be left on.
Open Wed. 12:00 pm – 7 pm, Sat & Sun 9 am – 4 pm
A separate pass must be purchased at the Town Hall before dropping off any items that have a fee. (effective 12/06)
Up to 4 tires per resident per week. Fees of $5 for automobile and light truck tires; tires with rims $15; for truck tires (series 920 or larger) the fee is $30; $40 with rims.
The charge for bulky items will be $10 per item. Bulky items include, but are not limited to: furniture such as couches, mattresses, chairs and tables; carpeting/rugs.
Scrap metal (iron, aluminum, copper, etc.) and empty paint cans will be taken at no charge.
Household appliances without refrigerant chemicals/freon will be accepted at no charge. These appliances include, but are not limited to washing machines, ranges, stoves, and dishwashers.
Household appliance that do contain refrigerant chemicals/freon will have a feee of $10 for each item. These appliances include, but are not limited to refrigerators, dehumidifiers, and air conditioners.
Propane tanks will be taken at the stump dump for a $10 charge. 20 lb. limit, must be empty
TELEVISIONS, STEREOS AND LAP TOPS
Charge of $10.00 each
Monitors, CPU, and Laptops will have a charge of $5.00 each.
One 1/2 ton pick up truckload per week accepted at no charge. Each additional load charge $15
The Town Transfer Station accepts non-commercial construction and demolition debris at the Stump Dump/Landfill.
Two dumpsters will be for 100% wood products. This can be painted, non-painted, stained, varnished, or plywood. If some metal is attached to the wood this will still be acceptable. This one does not accept pressure treated wood.
One dumpster will be available for Construction Debris such as pressure treated wood, sheetrock, and insulation
In addition, residents with non-commercial construction and demolition debris will no longer have to go to ERCCO. Contractors doing work for people will need to continue to do so.
Yard wastes are leaves, brush and tree material less than 4 inches in diameter.